For his birthday we had our old friends the Hicksons over (they were our neighbors for three years at our pre-Denmark apartment) and just a couple other kids from Isaac's primary class. It was a fun day, a lot more fun than his actual birthday, probably because Mom lowered her expectations and reduced the presents. The kids just played and ate cake and ice cream. And speaking of cake....
Keeping the kids out of the kitchen until the party was almost impossible. We had to stand guard duty. I'm pretty darn proud of myself. Of course, I guess I'll have to give a little credit to Williams-Sonoma for the amazing cake mold and to Grandma Stratford for sending it to us. The kids really loved it. Let me tell you, the entire kitchen smelled like sugar.
Here's the required candle-blowing video and a few other things from the day:
1 comment:
Thanks for all the pictures. Now henry wants a fancy train cake for his birthday like Isaac had. I think I came up with an idea of how to make one (with cookie cutters of course), I think I will test it out first though.
Post a Comment