Whenever faculty or a service couple leave, we always send them off with a luncheon or dinner party of some kind, and it's a good opportunity to get pictures of the people I have grown to love here at the Jerusalem Center.
 |
Goodbye to Dorene, hello to Jan Back row, left to right: Dorene Squires (Music), Carol Bench (Housing), Nino Zohar (Secretary), Jan Clayton (Organist), Mona Hamuri (Secretary), Jill Judd (faculty) Front row: Nancy Jackson, Malak Sharaf (Secretary), me and Abby, Karla Schade (faculty) |
Kent and Nancy Jackson ended their tenure as Associate Director in June and we of course had the obligatory dinner. But the students surprised them with an incredible Harley-shaped piñata they made themselves, dropping five hundred balloons when they came in. It turned out to be a pretty fun party.
 |
| Nancy and Kent amidst the balloons. |
 |
| The amazing piñata--made over the course of a week. |
 |
| Nancy and Kent with the artists, Amy and Victoria. |

 |
| Tawfic, our security chief, volunteered his ax to use on the piñata. No one really knows why he had an ax in his backpack, but he did. Typical Tawfic--so entertaining. |
 |
| He also had his brass knuckles in his backpack, which are usually displayed on his desk. Ed loves them. |
 |
| Malak announced her retirement at the beginning of the summer, so this dinner was also to recognize her. |
 |
| This is Eran Hayet, the director of the Center, kind, generous and an excellent manager. I am in awe of how he keeps the Jerusalem Center functioning so well. Plus, he's simply one of the best, most genuine people I know. I am sad I never got the chance to meet his wife. |
No comments:
Post a Comment