The Holy Land is full of beautiful vegetation. Here is only a smattering of some of the fun plants I've been able to get pictures of.
![]() |
| These come in pink, purple, red, orange and white. Someone told me they grow in abundance in the American SW, but they are absolutely beautiful here. |
![]() |
| The rosebushes outside my bedroom window. |
![]() |
| Much farther south in the Negev are these plants that hurt a lot when you brush against them with your leg. I wonder what they look like in the Spring.... |
![]() |
| Outside Tel Arad in the Negev. |
![]() |
| I obviously don't know my plant species, but there are a lot here that remind me of the aloe vera plant--fat, juicy, waxy looking leaves and stems. They are obviously very good at water storage. |
![]() |
| Cool polka-dotted cacti and purple-stemmed something else. |
![]() |
| More cactus varieties |
![]() |
| These cactus I call "subway tunnels" because as you can see in the picture below, people use them for graffiti. |
![]() |
| Passionfruit--the flower is very definition of exotic |
![]() |
| A picture from the top of Lachish in the Shephelah. |














1 comment:
The top plant is bougainvillia (sp?) and yes, they are beautiful. I love them. They're all over California and maybe other places nearby.
Post a Comment