Sunday, March 14, 2010

Linda

Linda lately is the life of the party. At least SHE thinks she is. Just today I caught her trying to do her hair, a la mousse and toilet paper. She also has developed an aversion to clothing.




Linda is jealous that everyone gets to go to school but her, so we signed her up for preschool in the fall, two days a week. She met her teacher on Friday and the first thing she said was "I really have a headache." She's very independent and if I'm not watchful, she disappears out the front door (the only one she can get open) and wanders the neighborhood without shoes, coat, hat or any of the three.



My favorite dinnertime exchange of the last few months went as follows (and which says just as much about Mary's personality as it does about Linda's):
Mary: "Mom, did you know teachers have to have a little correcting book to teach Math? Why can't they just use their brains?"
Linda (with eyes pulled wide and arms out zombie-style): "Brains...brains...brains...brains..."

No comments: