Due to my head cold, Isaac's birthday cake wasn't nearly as amazing as last year, but he liked it, so who cares? We had a party (with 15!!!! kids), held in the church gym (smartest thing I've done so far this year) and despite his grumpy and somewhat antisocial behavior, he later said he had a good time.
Isaac was born during the coldest week of the year in Chicago, and this year is no exception. I posted some pictures last week, but here are some new ones of our "Winter Garden":
And lastly, Mary goes to bed later than our other two kids, and usually spends that extra half-hour reading or doing math homework. Tonight she was engrossed in a book about spaceships and kept interrupting her quiet reading to tell me about satellites and space stations and how astronauts have to strap themselves to the toilet so they don't make a mess of the whole space shuttle. (The six-year-old mind...) She read that some people believe there are other "beings" out in space and she asked me if they meant "humans". I said "maybe so", but she responded that the only other people out in space are aliens, not humans, and maybe they live on Jupiter.
Don't you love her nightgown? I made it for her for Christmas, and it took three weeks to convince her it was a nightgown, not a princess dress she could wear to school or church. She says "I love it because it goes all the way down to my feet."
1 comment:
I'm so glad you updated your blog, I've been faithfully checking every so often so I could get a good Stratford update!! I have joined the world of blogging as well: randalltwins.blogspot.com (if you haven't guessed, this is Genevieve, I accepted your invitation when I was signed in as Tory). I can't believe how big Mary is, where does the time go?!?!
Post a Comment